The main packaging container for cosmetics are nothing more than three categories: glass bottles, plastic bottles, and cosmetic tubes. They all play different important roles in cosmetic packaging. Among them: glass bottles account for no more than 8%, and more than 90% of the other market shares are plastic bottles, cosmetic tubes, etc. However, there is a special phenomenon in the cosmetics industry, that is, "high-end cosmetics all prefer glass bottle packaging."
Why do high-end cosmetics prefer glass bottle packaging? What's the reason behind this? As a professional manufacturer of cosmetic glass bottles, OLU will discuss and communicate with everyone from the perspective of glass bottle suppliers.
Is it better to package cosmetics in glass bottles or plastic bottles?
When it comes to packaging of cosmetics, especially skin care products, the choice of whether a glass bottle or a plastic bottle is better has been debated for a long time, but it seems that no one can convince the other, and everyone still chooses the packaging material they think is "appropriate".
In fact, whether it is glass bottles or plastic bottles, these packaging materials are not absolutely good or bad. Different companies, different brands, and different products choose to use different packaging materials based on their respective brand and product positioning, cost, and profit target needs. The "suitable" (core) packaging material should be a matter of course.
Next, let us analyze the advantages, disadvantages, and differences between glass bottles and plastic bottles, which may better help you make a choice.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Plastic Bottles
1. Compared with glass products, plastic bottles have lower density, lighter weight, adjustable transparency, not easy to break, convenient storage and transportation, and easy for consumers to carry and use.
2. Plastic bottles have good corrosion resistance, acid and alkali resistance, impact resistance, high mechanical strength, easy shaping, and low production loss.
3. Plastic products are easy to color, and the colors can be adjusted as needed, making it easier to realize packaging design requirements.
4. Plastic bottles are much less costly than glass bottles.
1. Plastic materials are prone to chemical reactions with cosmetics, which can easily cause cosmetics to deteriorate.
2. Plastic bottles are easily charged with static electricity and the surface is easily contaminated.
3. Plastic packaging containers are not environmentally friendly, and discarded materials will cause environmental pollution.
4. Plastic packaging containers overall look relatively cheap and are not suitable for the high-end route.
Glass bottles advantages and disadvantages
1. Glass bottles have good stability and barrier properties, are non-toxic and odorless, and are not prone to chemical reactions with skin care products or deterioration.
2. The glass bottle has top transparency and the contents are definitely visible. The "appearance + effect" conveys a high-stop feeling to consumers.
3. Glass bottles have good rigidity, are not easily deformed, and are heavier. Consumers hold them with more weight and feel more material.
4. Glass bottles have good temperature tolerance and can be sterilized at high temperatures and stored at low temperatures. Glass bottles are greater handy and greater thorough to sterilize than plastic bottles.
5. Glass bottles can be recycled and reused and have no pollution to the environment.
1. Glass bottles are brittle, easily broken, and difficult to store and transport.
2. Glass bottles are heavy and feature excessive transportation costs, mainly for e-trade explicit delivery.
3. The processing of glass bottles consumes a lot of energy and pollutes the environment.
4. Compared with plastic bottles, the printing performance of glass bottles is poor.
5. Compared with plastic bottles, glass bottles have higher costs, higher mold opening costs, and larger minimum order quantities.
In summary, through the comparative analysis of the "advantages" and "disadvantages" of the two materials of packaging bottles, it can be seen that they have different properties, characteristics, and advantages. The "advantages" and "disadvantages" are very clear.
I personally think that if cost, storage and transportation, and design performance are considered, corporate brands can prefer plastic bottles; if quality stability, product appearance, and product grade are considered, especially for high-end cosmetics, corporate brands can prefer glass bottles.
The reason why high-end cosmetics prefer glass bottle packaging
Since it is a high-end cosmetic, the positioning of the product determines that not only the content of the cosmetic itself, but also the packaging material, which is the most important factor in appearance display, must be able to reflect and convey the high-end quality of the product. The reasons why high-end cosmetics prefer glass bottle packaging can be summarized as follows :
1. aesthetic taste
Glass bottles exude luxury, elegance, and sophistication. The transparency and clarity of glass allow consumers to appreciate the color, texture and quality of the products inside. High-end cosmetics brands often strive to create a premium and visually appealing experience for their customers, and glass bottles help enhance this feeling.
2. Brand image and perception
Glass bottle packaging helps to establish and strengthen the brand's high-end, high-quality and unique image. The weight, texture and overall feel of the glass bottle convey a sense of quality and craftsmanship, in line with the image desired by a luxury cosmetics brand. Thorough purity, nobility and elegance are the charm of glass bottles. Attention to glass bottle design and related packaging details can enhance the overall perception of the product and brand. In terms of terminal display, scene marketing, atmosphere marketing, etc., glass bottle cosmetics are very advantageous and powerful.
3. Demonstrate the value of cosmetics and improve the taste of cosmetics
Cosmetics often carry hopes for the pursuit of beauty. There are stories and dreams attached to their birth. The psychological value of cosmetics plays a great role. Just like cosmetics, big brands can command a higher premium than ordinary brands. The price of cosmetics includes the psychological value of the product's appearance, glass bottle decoration, trademark, corporate image and other factors.
The fashion and culture of cosmetics are usually what we call taste. How to reflect the taste of cosmetics, in addition to product advertising and product counter display, glass bottles are an important link and important carrier. A decent glass bottle can not only directly stimulate consumers' senses, but also fully reflect the taste of the product. In addition, the heavy feeling of glass bottles can double consumers' trust and improve the grade of cosmetics, which is something that plastic packaging cannot do.
4. Maintain product integrity
Glass is non-reactive and impermeable, making it an ideal material for maintaining the integrity and stability of cosmetic formulas. Glass bottles have an excellent barrier to oxygen, moisture and light, helping to protect products from degradation, oxidation and contamination. This is especially important for high-end cosmetics that often contain exquisite or expensive ingredients, especially skin care products with antioxidant, anti-aging, and whitening effects. These elements are surprisingly lively and effortlessly laid low with light. In addition to cosmetics, glass bottles have high gas barrier properties, which also makes glass bottles the preferred packaging material for perfumes and other products that are volatile and easy to lose fragrance. Therefore, almost all perfume packaging on the market is made of glass bottles.
5. environmental considerations
Glass is a rather sustainable and environmentally pleasant packaging material.It is 100% recyclable and can be recycled indefinitely without any loss of quality. High-end cosmetics brands that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility choose glass bottles to reduce their carbon footprint and promote a circular economy.
6. Customization and branding opportunities
Glass bottles offer ample opportunities for customization and branding. They can be embossed, etched or decorated with unique shapes, patterns or logos, allowing high-end cosmetics brands to create unique and recognizable packaging that matches their brand image. Customization options help differentiate products in the market and increase brand loyalty.
7. Compatibility with different formulations
Glass bottles are compatible with a variety of cosmetic formulas, including serums, oils, lotions, and fragrances. Glass is inert and does not react with the product, ensuring the formula remains stable and unchanged. This versatility makes glass bottles the first choice for high-end cosmetics that often offer a wide range of products.
8. User experience and satisfaction
Glass bottles provide a satisfying user experience. The weight and solidity of the glass convey a feeling of luxury and durability. The smoothness and ease of use of the glass surface provide consumers with a pleasant tactile experience. Additionally, the glass bottles can be refilled or repurposed, allowing users to continue enjoying the packaging after their initial use of the product.
How to choose cosmetic glass bottle manufacturers
The reasons why high-end cosmetics tend to choose glass bottles have been analyzed above, so how cosmetics corporate brands choose "excellent" glass bottle manufacturers has become the key. Therefore, when choosing a cosmetic glass bottle manufacturer, it is very important to test the brand - because it involves quality, quality, price, efficiency, market competitiveness, corporate profits and many other aspects.
So, how to choose a cosmetic glass bottle manufacturer? After sorting it out, we believe that brand selection factories can generally assess, evaluate and select from the following three aspects:
1. Design and development capabilities, innovative technology
The appearance, style and quality of glass bottles reflect the design and development capabilities and innovative technology of glass bottle manufacturers. Therefore, this is the first factor in choosing a company. Especially for brands that need to open "private molds", they must consider the company's "mold opening" capabilities, including design, material selection, cycle, cost, process details, effects, etc.
2. Glass bottle price and cost performance
The price and cost-effectiveness of glass bottles are powerful weapons that determine the market competition of brand cosmetics in an environment of homogeneity and overproduction. Generally speaking, only with "cheap and high-quality" glass bottles can companies have product advantages and reasonable profit margins through competition.
3. Production scale and production efficiency
The glass bottle manufacturer's production qualifications, number of production lines, production equipment, production quality, and production efficiency directly determine the quantity and speed of product supply in the later period, and indirectly determine the company's brand marketing performance. In this way, we can effectively prevent or reduce the number of products with substandard quality, late delivery or insufficient delivery in the future.
Above introduced why high-end cosmetics favor glass packaging, also introduced how to select cosmetic glass bottle suppliers, then finally as a Chinese cosmetic glass bottle manufacturer, and then self-recommendation.
OLU is one of the professional cosmetic glass bottle suppliers in China. We have nearly 20 years of industry experience, thousands of molds for you to use for free, and provide competitive prices to reduce the cost of cosmetic glass packaging and increase Your profit margin. Our factory uses the most advanced production equipment, has the largest warehouse in the glass bottle production base, and has a large amount of ready stock for you to choose from. If you have your own brand and need personalized customization, we can provide you with a one-stop packaging solution. Our glass bottle surface processing technology is mature, and we can provide a variety of processing technologies such as screen printing, coating, engraving, hot stamping, frosting, and labeling. If you need it, you can contact us to get free samples, and you will know what high-quality glass bottles are when you hold them in your hands! Send an inquiry today!
Post time: 1月-25-2024